EveryMind recognizes that investing in our children and youth now, will mean a more vibrant, productive workforce and community moving forward. Prevention and early intervention services help us to identify and address the needs of at-risk children and their families and then provide more intensive case management and counseling when needed. We realize that mental health issues are not bound by economics or ethnicity and that’s why our services are in place for everyone. Because every mind needs support, attention, and care.
Linkages to Learning
Linkages to Learning is a collaboration among Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services, Montgomery County Public Schools, and nonprofit community partners.
- Provide accessible prevention and early intervention services to at-risk children and their families in order to improve adjustment to and performance in school, home and community
- Integrated approach to health, social services, community development, and engagement to support student learning, strong families, and healthy communities to overcome obstacles to learning and growth
- Improve the wellbeing of children and families through comprehensive school-based social and mental health services
- EveryMind administers 11 of the 29 Linkages to Learning sites in Montgomery County including the following schools:
- Arcola ES 301.287.8607
- Georgian Forest ES 301.871.1213
- Highland ES 301.946.5841
- Harmony Hills ES 240.740.0789
- Kemp Mill ES 301.649.8172
- Loiederman MS 301.929.2307
- Parkland MS 301.460.2193
- Sargent Shriver ES 301.929.2048
- Viers Mill ES 240.740.1019
- Weller Road ES 301.287.8685
- Wheaton Woods ES 240.740.0237
- For more information on Linkages to Learning, click here.
Contact Karen Duffy
or contact specific Linkages site
EveryMind’s licensed clinicians and interns provide help for school-age youth (ages 9 and older) dealing with behavioral issues at school and home such as truancy, anger management, and bullying – to cultivate healthy behaviors and improve coping skills.
- Services for youth and their families includes promoting and integrating resources (employment, mental health, community service and recreational activities), psychoeducation – individually and in a group setting, and guidance and support for at-risk youth or those involved with Department of Juvenile Services
Referral Form (Check Case Management – fax to 301.738.1030)
EveryMind’s licensed clinicians and interns provide individual and family counseling, as well as groups, in school and community based settings – to improve the wellbeing of students and families.
- Services are provided by licensed bilingual clinicians and are for students and families who are uninsured or have Medicaid
- Students and their families attending elementary or middle schools in the Wheaton area which feed into Albert Einstein, John F. Kennedy, or Wheaton High School are eligible for services
Contact Diana Barney
"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men."-Frederick Douglass