News and Events
Powerful Testimony from MCPS Student on the Importance of Mental Health Resources
On April 9, 2019, Ella Adams, a sophomore at Walt Whitman HIgh School, bravely testified before the Montgomery County Council in an effort to highlight the need for increased mental health resources for our students and the entire community. Ms. Adams’ testimony advocated for full funding of EveryMind’s crisis prevention and intervention education programs that raise awareness of mental health issues and provide our students and community with resources to help someone in crisis. We are proud and grateful for Ms. Adams’ support.
Please take a moment to watch her testimony.
Ella Adams' Testimony to the County Council
- Free Virtual Screening and Panel Discussion of the Movie Angst
- Statement on the American Withdrawal from Afghanistan
- ServingTogether Announces Expansion Into Central Maryland
- Asian American and Pacific Islander Mental Health Resources
- Town Hall on Supporting Your College Student’s or Young Adult’s Mental Wellness During the Pandemic