News and Events
Online Mental Health and Community Wellness Conversation Focused on Stress Management and Well-Being through Self-Care
Residents are invited to join a free online event on Wednesday, Jan. 27 for a conversation focused on improving stress management skills and well-being through self-care. The session is part of a series, Wellness Community Events: Healing and Holding On – One Conversation at a Time for the Community, focused on mental health and wellness issues affecting the community as the COVID-19 pandemic continues. The conversation will be held on Wednesday, January 27 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Self-care is vital for our overall well-being. This workshop will focus on providing the knowledge and skills to help participants develop a self-care plan. Participants will learn how self-care activities can help them cope with stress and improve their mental, emotional, and physical health.
Participants will learn:
- Definitions of stress, burnout and self-care;
- The impact self-care can have on your overall wellbeing;
- Proven self-care strategies; and
- How to develop your own self-care plan.
The conversation will be led by EveryMind, an organization that empowers individuals to reach optimal mental wellness. For sixty years, their highly trained, caring, professional staff has provided community education, advocacy and direct services to empower children, teens, families, older adults and the entire community to reach optimal mental wellness. They strive to find a way to move past the stigma that gets in the way of wholeness and wellness.
The virtual meetings are held every other Wednesday from 6 to 7:30 p.m. The events are free and open to the public. No registration is required. Join the conversation on Teams Live at http://bit.ly/wellness-community-4 or view it live on County Cable Montgomery and the County’s Facebook page.
- Central Maryland Veteran Strategy Session
- Supporting Our Veterans: Trauma and Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Black and African American Mental Health Resources
- Online Mental Health and Community Wellness Conversation Focused on Stress Management and Well-Being through Self-Care
- Virtual Legislative Briefing – Veteran Suicide Prevention and US S785: Implementation at the Local Level