News and Events
EveryMind’s Statement Condemning Violence and Anti-Asian Hate
EveryMind Stands in Solidarity with Asian American Pacific Islander Communities Against Racism
EveryMind grieves with the families of the March 16th shootings in Atlanta and with all victims of anti-Asian aggression. We condemn acts of violence and hate in every form and stand together with our Asian American Pacific Islander communities.
For too long, our Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities have suffered from racial injustice, stigma, and distrust. Since the first news reports of the deadly COVID-19 virus reaching our shores, there has been an increase in violence and harassment targeting our AAPI communities. Recent events, including yesterday’s fatal shootings, have highlighted the ongoing painful and tragic anti-Asian racism present in our society.
EveryMind stands with you in defiance of all acts of hate. We stand with you against racism, violence, and fear. Our community is strong, resilient, and prepared to work for a more just and peaceful tomorrow. If you are feeling fear, anxiety, and anger or are a victim of anti-Asian hate, we are here for you. You are not alone.
EveryMind’s 24-hour Hotline staff are ready to listen to you and to support you. Call, text, or chat with us.
We are committed to you.
- Asian American Journal of Psychology: The Journal aims to promote a better understanding of Asian American individuals and communities through research, practice, advocacy, education, and policy pertinent to all areas of psychology and related disciplines.
- LGBTQ+ Resources: Aligning with AAPA’s mission to advance mental health and wellness for all Asian Americans, AAPA is committed to advocating for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer Asian Americans. Below, we have compiled the following resources in supporting the AAPI LGBTQ community.
- Free Virtual Screening and Panel Discussion of the Movie Angst
- Statement on the American Withdrawal from Afghanistan
- ServingTogether Announces Expansion Into Central Maryland
- Asian American and Pacific Islander Mental Health Resources
- Town Hall on Supporting Your College Student’s or Young Adult’s Mental Wellness During the Pandemic