EveryMind, in partnership with the Greater Washington Community Foundation, is proud to administer the Sherry S. Hintz Scholarship Fund. This Fund was created by an anonymous Montgomery County resident in memory of several women in her family who lost their lives to breast cancer. The Fund provides college scholarship awards to students who have lost a parent or guardian to breast or ovarian cancer.
Awardees of the Hintz Scholarship may receive up to $20,000 per year for as many as four years of undergraduate education. All applications and attachments must be postmarked by April 9, 2021.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are a resident of Montgomery County, Maryland
- Are a member of a family with a demonstrated financial need
- Are a high school junior, senior or a high school graduate under 22 years old
- Have achieved at least a 3.0 GPA
- Are involved in a school, community or athletic activity, ideally in a leadership position
- Have lost a parent or primary guardian to breast or ovarian cancer
- Wish to attend college
Questions and requests for application materials can be emailed to Taryol Latimer