Crisis Prevention & Intervention
If you are in crisis please reach out for help. You are not alone. 1-301-738-2255
We all face moments of crisis, how we handle those moments can determine the path of the rest of our lives. We don’t have to face those moments alone.
Because every mind needs support, attention, and care.
Telephone, Text, and Chat
EveryMind’s trained staff and volunteers provide supportive listening, information and resource referrals, and crisis intervention (including suicide assessments) through telephone, text, and chat services.
- Services are free, confidential and available:
- 24/7 phone service with National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255
- 24/7 phone service with Montgomery County Hotline at 301-738-2255
- 24/7 online chat at CrisisChat.org
- Text service Monday through Thursday 4:00pm – 9:00pm at 301-738-2255
About our services
- Services are accredited by the American Association of Suicidology and Contact USA.
- EveryMind partners with Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) to administer “Red Flags,” a depression and suicide awareness program serving MCPS middle and high school students and communities.
Rachel Larkin, Director of Crisis Prevention and Intervention can be reached via email and phone at rlarkin@Every-Mind.org or 301.424.0656 x517.
HOW TO HELP:
Volunteer as a Crisis Prevention Supportive Listener