Our children and youth cannot plan their crisis.
WE MUST BE AVAILABLE WHEN THEY NEED US – NO MATTER WHAT TIME OR DAY
For 60 years, EveryMind has worked with community partners and caring individuals, to build a foundation of healthy families, workplaces, and communities. Together we are saving the lives of thousands of our most vulnerable neighbors. While our hotline is available 24/7, our text and chat services are currently only available Sunday through Thursday from 4pm – 9pm. This means when it comes to our children and youth, we are not always available when they need us. EveryMind’s Crisis Prevention & Intervention services are seeing an alarming increase in suicide assessments.
Mental health affects us all! Each year one in four people will struggle with mental illness and four in four will need to care for their own mental health and wellness.
Mental health affects every aspect of our lives – relationships, families, workplaces and communities all rely on healthy minds and healthy individuals. And that is why EveryMind is working to educate, advocate, and support children, youth, families, and adults. The work we do is making a difference. With the help of our donors, we are reducing the stigma that creates barriers to wellness.
EveryMind is an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Your tax deductible donation is a critical component of our business model and your gift makes all the difference.
In FY16 generous donations enabled us to achieve the following:
- Hotline staff and volunteers responded to 16,696 calls, chats, and texts from individuals needing emotional support, information, and referrals
- Serving Together’s peer navigators provided services to 227 veterans and their families in Maryland and Virginia
- Friendly Visitor volunteers visited 103 seniors in Montgomery County in need of friendship
- Representative Payee’s trained volunteers paid bills for 100 individuals with mental and physical disabilities, enabling them to achieve financial stability
- Linkages to Learning provided case management for 581 families, counseling for 387 students, and conducted 3,000 group sessions
EveryMind is an efficient and effective organization committed to sound financial practices and decision-making. Review our most recent financials.
Ways to Give
- Cash or check (payable to EveryMind)
- Send to:
1000 Twinbrook Parkway
Rockville, MD 20851
- Grocery store gift cards
- Toiletries (toothpaste, shampoo, soap, deodorant, etc.)
- Gift cards to stores (Target, Walmart, Kohl’s, Old Navy, etc.)
- Moving services for formerly homeless clients moving into housing
- Holiday presents for kids and teens
- School supplies
In-kind donations can be dropped off during regular business hours:
Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
1000 Twinbrook Parkway
Rockville, MD 20851
If you have questions or need assistance with your donation, please contact Niki Thrash, Chief Development Officer, at nthrash@Every-Mind.org or 301.424.0656 x529.
Help Linkages to Learning get their students ready to go back to school!
We need your help to provide school supplies for children in grades K through 8th. Your donations will be greatly appreciated as they are made available to students throughout the school year.
Please contact info@Every-Mind.org to make arrangements to donate these items at our office, 1000 Twinbrook Parkway, in Rockville.
5-tab and 8-tab subject dividers for binders
Colored pencils and markers
Ballpoint pens (blue & black ink)
Washable glue sticks
Single-subject spiral notebooks and composition books
Loose Leaf Paper (Wide-ruled)
Backpacks for elementary and middle school-aged children- gender neutral if possible
Binders- 1″, 1.5″, 2″ and 3″
Year-round Donation Requests
Our clients often requests items that are rarely donated. To help with their needs, please consider donating some of the following: boxed milk, laundry detergent, cleaning products, diapers – all sizes, trash bags, soap and deodorant, shampoo and conditioner, toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash, feminine hygiene products, socks for children and teens (all sizes), underwear (elementary-age, boy and girl), pants (elementary-age, boy and girl).
We also have requests for pro-bono legal services, specifically immigration law. If you can help with these services, please contact Pamela Lee at plee@Every-Mind.org.