Educating the community about mental health and wellness is an important part of our mission. Through health and information fairs, newsletters, trainings, presentations, workshops, and social media, EveryMind seeks to reduce the stigma associated with mental health and mental illness by empowering community members with knowledge and resources.
Trainings for the general community on a variety of topics
EveryMind’s professional staff has knowledge and expertise in a variety of topics. Request a training today for your workplace, school, or place of worship. Trainings can be tailored to best meet your needs and topics include the following:
- Mental Health and Wellness
- General population
- Immigrants and refugees
- Older Adults
- Military/Veteran Community
- Community Resources for Mental Health and Wellness
- De-escalation Techniques
- Suicide Prevention
- Suicide Intervention and Assessment
- Bullying and Anger Management
- Workplace Mental Wellness
Mental Health First Aid – Adult, Youth, and Military modules
Sometimes First Aid isn’t a bandage, CPR, administering the Heimlich or calling 9-1-1. Sometimes First Aid is YOU.
Someone you know may be experiencing a mental health crisis and YOU can help. Believe it or not, you are more likely to encounter someone – family, friend, neighbor, coworker – having a mental health crisis than having a heart attack.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an 8-hour, evidence-based training presented by certified Mental Health First Aid USA instructors. It teaches how to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis.
Participants will learn about:
- Risk factors and warning signs of mental health concerns
- Information on depression, anxiety, trauma, psychosis, and substance abuse
- A 5-step action plan to help someone who is developing a mental health concern or in crisis
- Available evidence-based professional, peer, and self-help resources
Who should take these trainings?
- Anyone who might be concerned about family or friends
- Higher education faculty, staff, and student leaders
- Emergency service workers
- Leaders of the faith community
- Mental health practitioners
- Community volunteers
EveryMind is a local administrator of MHFA – Adult, Youth, and Military modules. Contact Laura Laskofski at llaskofski@Every-Mind.org or 301.424.0656 x533 for more information on MHFA or to schedule a training.
Continuing education seminars and trainings for mental health professionals
Throughout the year, EveryMind offers continuing education seminars for mental health professionals in Maryland and throughout the DC region. Please e-mail Laura Laskofski at llaskofski@Every-Mind.org for more details about specific events, to add your name to future distribution lists, or for comments and suggestions.
Upcoming Education Courses
September 29, 2017
9:00AM – 12:00PM
Many clients seeking mental health support and treatment are at risk for suicide. This seminar will help to ensure you and your clients are prepared. This seminar is designed to help you:
- Understand how to ethically treat suicidal clients
- Identify how to discuss suicidality with your clients
- Create safety plans with your client
- Document suicidality in client notes
Apply evidence-based strategies on how to treat a client after a suicide attempt